I'm currently on a rural surgical placement about 2 hours away from home, which means I'm also away from Russell and my sewing machine. Russell is getting bigger, and now has a slightly golden tinge since he's shed his puppy coat all over the house. I attempted to take a photo of the new dress outside but he kept wanting in on the photo, I did manage to get one of him and then accidentally deleted it! Will post some soon.
So the away from the sewing machine means that this dress has been sitting around, gathering dust, and Russell fur for about 3 weeks. This weekend I finally had time to fix it.
I had it near done before I left for placement, but when I tried it on the elastic waistband was too large. So the second time around I measured my waist and cut off 2+ inches and added the slash pockets which I had forgetton to add in the first time in the excitment of trying on my new dress.
Overall quite happy with how the dress worked out. The instructions are minimal, and I couldn't figure out how to do the pleats properly, so as you can see they are uneven on the left compared to the right.
Next time I'll also slip stitch the shoulder seams shut rather than be lazy and hem across it, because it pulls and doesn't look as nice.
Will definitely try this dress again, maybe in a small polka dot print like this one
or in a chiffon like the original.